When 60+ members collaborate, we get loads of great ideas. And together, we decide what to prioritize – and then dig in to turn those ideas into new products, new services, and improved processes.
Our current initiatives focus on:
- Developing account portability between financial institutions
- Analyzing checking account strategies and creating new product innovations
- Identifying areas for effective back-office collaborations
- Providing educational opportunities surrounding mobile payments, cloud computing solutions, and online marketing strategies
- Predicting member behaviors through collective data
- Creating a unique rewards program to differentiate credit unions
- Optimizing the online channel
- Determining an effective social media strategy for credit unions
- Creating a new website to generate leads for financial products to our credit unions
Typically MDC has 5-8 active projects at one time, depending on the scope of each effort. Of course, smaller initiatives, such as writing white papers, don't require nearly the time and knowledge that spinning off a new company does. And if initiatives have a tight timeline or become too time-consuming for our executive team, we work with a variety of top consulting firms to augment project staff.
So with all of those great ideas, how do we decide which to pursue? Well, we use a standard project management process from ideation through completion.